zondag 5 december 2010

those babies!...

...Are not cooperating!

A good friend and my sister in law are both expecting a baby for the beginning of the new year. So, some time ago, I decided to be smart and make some cards ahead of time, so I could actually give them a card on time (not one of my strenghts, let me tell you :))

And me, loving pink like I do, decided both babies would have to be girls, so I made these cards for them
  I loooove this chick, (if you don't know why, click here :)) can you tell? The background text is a Belgian childrens song and the chick was coloured with copics (love them too :))

What a surprise! Another chick! A pink one this time though. You can't really tell in the picture but the bottom of the card (below the pink band) is the dots and stripes background in perfect pearl.

You guessed already didn't you! Both girls are expecting boys...aarrgh! So I got back behind my crafting table and made some baby boy cards (I still couldn't resist the chick though ;))


 I decided to take the 'baby chicken' theme quite literally and have it come out of an egg! I drew the egg by hand and stamped it with a crackled backround stamp, and stamped the background with HA magic background

This card is one of those cards that took way longer than it should have, know what I mean? I had made this chick first, but didn't cover the stripes in the original stamp so the egg had to come higher, which made the arms looked strange, so I put it aside and made the other card first. While making that, I had the idea to make legs that could 'break out of' the egg, so I did that. I had the Nestie shape lying around, and decided to use that, but it didn't stand out enough, so I matted it with the brown. Still too plain, so I stamped the Friends definition stamp on the background (with the mat already stuck in place... offcourse!), still too plain, distressed the edges a bit. Assembled the card, but the arms still looked wonky, so I took it off again and made the arms come out of the egg. And... to finish off everything that went wrong, I picked up the wrong brown ink for the sentiment and had to go over with a brown marker... pff! I think I'm going to make the receiver of this card read this post, so she appreciates all the work that went into it :))

Ok, off to bed, thanks for visiting!
Love, me

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hallo Sarah,

    je maakt echt super mooie kaartjes! Ik zelf ,maak ook kaartjes en ik hou heel erg veel van de Stempels van Hero Arts. Ik woon ook in België en koop mijn Hero Arts stempels op Ebay ,maar dat is soms heel erg veel verzendkosten. Daarom is nu mijn vraag : waar koop jij je Hero Arts stempels?

    Alvast bedankt en groetjes
    Laura

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Laura

    Ik hoop dat je mijn bericht hier vindt want ik heb je contact info niet. Vroeger kocht ik mijn stempels altijd via stampintreasures.com, maar die zijn net aan het stoppen (ik geloof dat je er wel nog enorme solden kan doen), dus ik moet eigenlijk zelf ook op zoek naar een nieuwe winkel. Soms koop ik er ook in Antwerpen bij Crafts & Things, maar die hebben er niet zo veel. Simponsaysstamp.com heeft ook veel stempels van HA. De truc is om er voldoende per keer te kopen, en dan valt shipping wel mee (ze zijn daar toch goedkoper dan in België)

    Greotjes,
    Sarah

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen